Bushfires – support for farmers and links to information
Significant fire events across the country are directly affecting dairy farmers and their operations.
Dairy Australia is working with state dairy farmer organisations, government agriculture departments, dairy processing companies and local community services to provide co-ordinated support to those affected – see the links below for more details.
- Bushfire recovery: information resources/contacts to request or offer assistance
- Emotional and social well being support (plus other organisations)
- Supporting fire affected communities
- Managing your farm team – Health risks of outdoor work in areas impacted by bushfire smoke
(Worksafe Victoria – applicable to all employers / employees)
State based information
- Department of Primary Industries NSW – current situation
- NSW government – disaster assistance & emergency contacts